Filament & Resin > Hersteller > BCN3D, Filament & Resin > Hersteller > BCN3D: BCN3D Filaments TPU - 2-85 mm - 750 g - White
TPU (Thermoplastic polyurethane) is an elastomeric copolymer, made up of alternating soft and hard blocks, which give hardness and flexibility at the same time. This material is ideal for those applications where flexibility and durability are highly desired.
With Shore-A hardness of 98, TPU is a resistant material for several industrial applications, both mechanical or chemical. Moreover, it’s been especially designed to improve the 3D printing experience.
Compatibility: Find out the BCN3D printers and filaments compatibility
- Industrial seals, gaskets, sleeves or hinges
- Soft-touch multi-material models or handles
- Flexible-joined multi-material models
- Protective cases Shoe soles, non-slip surfaces
- Springs, seals and shock absorbers
- Wheels and rollers
- Great flexibility, rubbery behaviour
- High resistance to abrasion, wear and tear
- Great resistance to oils and chemicals
- Excellent impact resistance
- Maximum elongation of 450%
- Withstand operating temperatures up to 60°C
- Compatible with PVA supports
Flexible with good wear resistance ideal for shock absorption
TPU is a thermoplastic elastomer, able to be extended up to 4.5 times its original size before breaking. Its exceptional elongation at break and strength make this material superior to most filaments.
Good corrosion and wear resistance
Its high oil and wear resistance and outstanding elongation at break make TPU ideal for testing functional and flexible prototypes.
Flexible prototype validation
TPU makes manufacturing soft and functional prototypes possible to validate the comfort and the flexibility of the product.
Flexible end-use application
TPU is ideal for pipe connections or rigid systems as it absorbs vibrations, expansions and contractions to protect the components from the efforts derived from the operation of the equipment.